We just announced Monday that Akana has been named a Leader in Forrester’s new report, “The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q4 2016.” It’s very gratifying. to be acknowledged because Forrester Research is unique in their approach to assessing the market. They differentiate themselves by performing the most detailed and hands on inspection of every vendor’s products, services and customer support.
Randy Heffner, the author of the report, takes the perspective that API Management is critical due to the centrality of APIs in driving digital business. His work to prove this point was exhaustive. Forrester evaluated 14 API Management vendors across 27 criteria to prepare the report. Heffner then explored how the various vendor solutions allow API product managers to optimize value to API providers. Other aspects of the research include how the API Management Solution manages the relationshop between API users and API providers as well as how it enforces agreements on API use and security.
The report is exciting because it validates our long term strategy of focusing on the most sophisticated enterprise-scale API management requirements. The report states that Akana’s API Management Platform fit very well with enterprise strategies for broad-based, mature and well-governed API strategies.
One section of the report reads, “Akana’s solution fits very well with enterprise strategies for broad-based, mature, well-governed API strategies. Its rich models for organizations and teams, federated LOB publishing and API management, security integration, and closed-loop OAuth2 support give the solution flexibility to address a range of complex enterprise scenarios through product configuration rather than custom coding.”
Being recognized as a Leader in this Forrester Wave Report affirms our positioning as an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. The Akana Platform is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises or through hybrid deployment.
Indeed, our newest version of our platform includes the following:
- A single new UI/UX covering all major capabilities – This provides a simplified and automated user experience. It saves time and effort, helping you and your business partners deliver sophisticated production APIs more quickly.
- Global deployment – Ours is the only solution that allows you to provide a global presence for the APIs and Developer Portals, while complying with regional and country specific data privacy regulations and requirements.
- New graphical API designer capabilities – With this feature set, you can quickly and easily design and build API definitions with an easy to understand visualization tool.
- Multi DL import/generation/export – Now, you can import APIs using any API descriptor language, and more importantly, you can export any API descriptor regardless of how you defined the API. This allows API and App developers to select the descriptor language they are most comfortable with.
- Fully integrated process Orchestration
- You can now edit processes enabling easy development and integration with back end processes.
- Processes now include support for split/join and parallel processing which provides exceptional performance, especially when building APIs from a set of microservices and integrating with multiple back end systems.
- Self-service tenant provisioning and monitoring to better understand usage and billing options by a single group or as a shared service.
- Enhanced API Documentation publication:
- Built-in test client with an improved UX for developers to test their APIs.
- Ability to quickly edit documentation in the Akana designer helping API admins quickly publish documentation and ensure consistency between documentation and the API interface.
It’s working. As the report states, “Compared with customers of other vendors, Akana’s customers were reasonably satisfied with both the vendor and its solution. They use the solution for a mix of internal, B2B, and open web APIs and gave high marks to the solution’s API implementation and API user portal functions.”
To get a copy of the The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q4 2016 by Randy Heffner, November 14, 2016, click here. For other Akana analysts leaderships mentions and other product awards click here.